- Paris Granville, Bellevue School District Curriculum Department
- Dr. Bridget Yaden, Pacific Lutheran University
Participants will examine current trends in language teaching and troubleshoot the realities of teaching language acquisition.
This course will be offered across the state through Skype for Business or Google Hangouts - based on teacher preference. It includes short videos or teaching scenarios followed by voice discussion by the participants. After the live webinar, teachers will get help troubleshooting real classroom issues. Teachers may choose to participate in one or all sessions. (3 hour minimum for clock hours) 4:00-5:00 PM
- October 29, 2015: Building a Culture of Target Language Use - 3 Examples
- November 5, 2015: Troubleshooting the Culture of Target Language Use - Bring your real world challenge to your colleagues
- December 3, 2015: Doing Language - How can the NCSSFL-ACTFL CanDo statements help us?
- January 28, 2016: Interpersonal Mode Communication: Micro-practice, dramatic interludes, and quick assessment
- February 11, 2016: Classroom Management in the Target Language
- March 3, 2016: Presentational Mode - High Leverage Writing Strategies
- March 31, 2016: Weaving Culture into Language